Friday 8 January 2016

Welcome to 2016

Hey Everyone!

Well I hope you all have had a merry holiday period filled with lots of laughs and good times... I know I did! 

Now that I have finally seen off the last of my relatives who came to stay with us over Christmas period I can sit down and start blogging and reviewing again without interruption (or merry intoxication, take your pick). And damn 2016 is shaping up to be an absolutely amazing looking year for speculative fiction. So what can you all expect from Smash Dragons this year?

More of everything pretty much. 

More reviews. More interviews. And more opinion pieces. Late January and February are absolutely loaded with awesomeness already, and I can't wait to reveal the big thing that is happening with the blog around April. Stay tuned for that one!

What I can announce is that the always awesome Mitchell Hogan will be dropping by for a chat in late January, and newcomer Peter Tieryas will also grace our fair site to chat about his FREAKIN AMAZING debut United States of Japan. I've read it already, and damn it's brilliant. And look at that cover!!

I will have reviews for Mitchell Hogan's Blood of Innocents and Brandon Sanderson's Emperor of Souls out next week, along with my film review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Spoiler alert... I loved it... despite some it's flaws. 

And that's just the tip of the iceberg for January and February. We have new releases from Sanderson,  Lawrence, Staveley, and others coming up. And damn there are some cool looking novel debuts from authors such as Yoon Ha Lee (Ninefox Gambit) Clifford Beal (The Guns of Ivrea). I will be hunting them all down to read and review on here, you can be sure of that! 

So keep dropping by and sending me your emails and messages. And keep following me on Goodreads and Twitter for more updates and links. I love to hear from you all. Stay tuned for my posts in a couple of days, and remember...

KEEP ON READING! 

Much love,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment